Solo Dance Festival. Founder and Artistic Director: Raffaele Irace
SOLOCOREOGRAFICO - U.S.A. 2020, 1st Edition
July 30th - August 1st.
Quartz Mountain Resort Arts and Conference Center, Lone Wolf, OK
Within the frame of the Oklahoma International Dance Festival, thanks to the collaboration with artistic director Austin Hartel.
>> APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, April 26th, 2020
Selected works will be announced May 5th, 2020 on our websites
solocoreografico.com and okdancefest.org
You can contact us for any further question at
RULES AND REGULATIONS
What is it?
SOLOCOREOGRAFICO is the dance festival dedicated to the choreographic composition for solo dancers.
- The Solo Dance Festival and award is open to every style of dance, and the choice of the theme and the music is free
- There is no age limit.
- Criteria to participate: A clever and creative use of space and time, the production of an idea through the dance of a single performer.
- Duration: the choreography will have a duration of no more than 8 minutes.
- The choreography can be a work showed previously on stage.
- Each choreographer can participate with only one choreography.
- The choreographer can also be the solo performer.
- Artists who applied or participated in a past edition of Solocoreografico can apply again.
- The Festival will be able to select a maximum of 10 choreographies.
- A basic light set up will be available. We will, however, try to match your special requests as far as possible.
- The Festival will provide board and accommodation for the selected artists.
- Selected artists have free access to the dance workshops during their stay.
O P P O R T U N I T I E S within the SOLOCOREOGRAFICO Network.
Our festival partners will have the possibility to select artists for their own festivals worldwide.
ITALY > Festival SOLOCOREOGRAFICO - Torino
FRANCE > Festival 1.2.3...SOLI - Lyon
GERMANY > Festival SOLOCOREOGRAFICO - Frankfurt
ISRAEL > MACHOL SHALEM Dance Festival, Jerusalem
TURKEY > SOLO DANS, Ankara
An international Jury of dance professionals will assign two awards:
BEST CHOREOGRAPHY - SOLOCOREOGRAFICO Award
BEST DANCER - SOLOCOREOGRAFICO Award
AUDIENCE AWARD (The winning artist will be programmed once more for the II. edition of Solocoreografico U.S.A. 2021).
HOW TO APPLY
Fill the application form HERE
There are no application fees.
NOTICE: To complete the application, it is requested that you visit the following Facebook pages:
and click on “like this page”, in order to follow the selection process and the Festival announcements more efficiently. It will be necessary in order to be able to “tag” your name on pictures or videos when needed.